Friday, January 6, 2017

Tearring Saga: Holmes Route

                                   So I finally finished Holmes Route (or I’m guessing at least the first time that the player plays Holmes route). So first things first, Holmes is cooler than Runan. Having a bow wielding lord is a neat concept that we haven’t seen before. So there's this cool swordmaster named Shigen and HOLY CRAP! His prf rank sword that resurrects himself is pretty cool. It’s a neat concept, having a weapon that continuously resurrects you whenever you die. Holmes, Shigen and Xeno carried the team upon their backs. They are cool. Here’s a funny line that endeared Holmes to me:

                             Random enemy boss: “Don’t move or I’ll kill her!”
                       Holmes: “Eh do what you want. We don’t even know her.”

                                  XD Lol. I really appreciated that. Thank you Holmes.

                                I’m also a fan of having a healer chick who can transform into a dragon that has an OP area-of-effect-kills-everything breath. I wish that dragons in regular Fire Emblem games would do that. The map design seemed...eh overall. I wasn’t impressed with most of what I saw. Although the map where you get Plum back was pretty good.

 
                                So let’s talk about the level that involved killing a monster boss twice and then having to get multiple treasures from all different parts of the map. The concept was really cool but having lava that slowed you down in the middle of the map seemed tedious plus having to figure out where the paths were to the treasure could have been done better. A little enemy variety would have been nice (they’re all comprised of 1 range eyeball monsters). One particular map that I did enjoy was the treasure room. There’s this treasure room map where you have infinite movement and get to pick 5 different treasures. It was a neat chapter.  

                                 The thief lady (I think her name was Krisheenu?) could not damage anyone upon her join time. Is that supposed to happen? I don’t understand what the purpose of that was. I’m starting to see the problems with the balance of the game a bit more. Also, I got Plum back. Interesting that there’s a dancer-healer chick.

                                 Overall: Holmes route features some cool characters to fight with which makes the experience fun. Now all it needs are some maps and fights that are worthy of these cool characters.

1 comment:

  1. Krishna/Krisheenu has awful bases and the main gauche (her weapon) has like 1 mt, so it makes sense that she deals no damage. tl;dr she sucks.

    Maerhen/Marchen is a funny unit, the guy has the absolute worst growths in the game and reduces everyone within 3 tiles the hit and evasion by 50%, due to his skill Mug, however, his skill also lets him steal EVERY item the enemy had when he kills them. I managed to properly use the guy and he became my main source of income.

    ReplyDelete