Sunday, March 6, 2022

Updated Holy War Randomizer Run

 I've always wanted to try a randomizer run. I decided to start with Holy War. There were a lot of different settings with which I could customize my character's class, Holy Blood, and skills. I'm about to finish Chapter 5 right now, and I wanted to show my team off. 






Aideen became a Falcon Knight, and was pretty powerful all around. I had a lot of fun having her wreck face all throughout the game. One funny note is that Dithorba's squad in Chapter 4 refused to attack her because her defense was so high that she wouldn't take any damage from them. They just flew around her and did nothing while Aideen skewered them all. It was hilarious!






Sigurd being a Bow Knight was a cool twist, because he was still strong, but he couldn't really solo the game. He had no enemy phase. Giving him Sol was interesting. One thing I can say about this Sigurd is that he was a tank. It was difficult for enemies to deal meaningful damage to him. The Bow Knights that attack you in Chapter 5 refused to attack him because they couldn't deal damage to him.





Having a Wyvern Knight was a fun addition to the first generation. Giving Midir Critical and Luna really made his combat shine. The only issues with him are his lack of resistance biting him in the butt when an enemy mage lands an attack, or his inability to double attack faster enemies at times (hence the presence of the Speed Ring). Overall, he was still really fun to use.






Holyn was essentially a charisma bot healer that rapidly gained a lot of experience. He was my go to healer for most of the run.







It was hilarious watching Claud one-shot many an enemy with a simple Elfire tome. I wish he had a little more avoid, since there were times where he died because the enemies managed to land a couple lucky hits on him.









Ayra was pretty amazing! She's fast, powerful, and pretty durable. I included the kill count for her Brave Sword, because of how hilarious it was to watch her kill everything with it. Heck, I just had her fly up to Lex's dad, Duke Lombard, and she landed a crit on him like he was nothing. None of the Armored Knights with bows nor the ballista could hit her. Easily one of the strongest units in this randomizer run.







Master Knight Arden was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. He's another standout unit that killed anything I wanted him to kill. It was awesome giving him Forseti, only to see that Forseti got the Mystletainn's stat buffs. Forseti's still a strong weapon, but it's disappointing how much of a downgrade it is in comparison to its regular version. Once again, the dude's a total tank who just didn't care about taking damage.


Overall, I'm having fun with my Holy War randomizer run. There are only two complaints that I have:

1) Some weapons have awful hit rates:





Hit rates that low make a weapon unusable. Accuracy became the signature trait that I looked for when giving weapons to my team.

# 2) Holy Blood that didn't correspond to their weapon ranks:
Most of my group can't use the Holy Weapons that are linked to their Holy Blood. Even though I repaired the Tyrfing, I forgot about one simple fact: Nobody on my team could use it! So I had to sell it, which made me sad. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment