Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Fire Emblem Awakening Part 3 - The Finale

Soundtrack: This is an above average soundtrack in my opinion. There are memorable tracks here that I really enjoyed. Id for example is a soundtrack that I still enjoy as much now as I did when I first heard it:




     I’m also a fan of “Don’t Speak Her Name”:





      Other wonderful tracks: “Conquest (Ablaze)”, Id (Serenity), Mastermind. Also this:


                         This game also has some average tracks too, but overall I still think that this game’s soundtracks beats out most of the soundtracks of the other games.

Overall Summation: This soundtrack deserves a lot of praise. It’s not Holy War / Radiant Dawn good, but it’s still better than 90 % of the other soundtracks in the series.


    Other Points
  • This game has the best voice acting in the series.
  • This game has the best cutscenes.
  • Not a big fan of the fanservicey artwork and class designs. Also insert obligatory “where’s the feet?” joke here.


                     Review Summary: I wish I could simply turn my brain off and have as much fun with this game like I used to. However, I simply cannot do that anymore. I can totally understand why someone else would loathe this game as there as simply too many flaws to ignore. However, I can at least say that I USED to enjoy this game, which is something that I never will be able to say about Fates. I spent a lot of hours beating this game and for that reason alone I’ve chosen to move it’s ranking up on my “Favorites” list. In spite of the fact that Fates mops the floor with this game in the gameplay department I still like Awakening more. Why? Well here’s a list of reasons why:



  • Awakening has better world-building than Fates (we actually know the names of these continents)

  • The second generation has a completely valid reason to exist in this game unlike Fates.

  • This game has better voice acting.

  • This game has better cutscenes.

  • Robin is superior to Corrin both gameplay wise and character wise.

  • I like way more characters in Awakening than in Fates.

  • Awakening has a better story than Conquest. 

    • I like Awakening's soundtrack more than Fates' soundtrack.
     
     
     

     




                  I know this isn’t a popular opinion but I don’t care. As it stands I still like this game more than most people do, even after bashing it to pieces. This review by no means is designed to change anybody’s minds. This is me simply sharing my viewpoint, nothing more nothing less. 

                   P.S. Here’s the nickname that I give for this game: Waifu Emblem. (I intend to give all the games in this series some kind of nickname bytheway).

No comments:

Post a Comment