Saturday, March 18, 2017

Favorite Fire Emblem Tunes

                         Keep in mind that this list is in no particular order. I'll try to keep it a little more diverse because honestly I could just put almost the entire OST of Holy War and the Tellius games on here. Also, feel free to let me know what Fire Emblem tracks / music you like:


  1. Birth of a Holy Knight (FE 4: Genealogy of the Holy War)



Every time I hear this piece I always want to go on an adventure. There's this grand, majestic feeling to it and it's the perfect music for the first level in a game. I also happen to enjoy the Arranged OST which took Holy War's awesome music to the next level:


2. Eternal Bond - Ike's Theme (Radiant Dawn)


We like Ike! We like Ike! We like Ike! This is a pretty good "HECK YEAH!" theme. It's majestic and it's another good theme to get you pumped up for a fight. Btw, I highly recommend checking out the second comment in that video when you're scrolling down. You'll see why. ;)


3. With Mila's Divine Protection (Shadows of Valentia) 


The NES version was already good enough to make this list but then I listened to this version and HOLY CRAP is it awesome! I can listen to this tune over and over again.

4. Julius's Theme (Genealogy of the Holy War)


                                   Everybody always talks about Alvis's theme but I always thought that Julius had a better battle theme. This makes you feel like you're in a fight to the death against a powerful opponent. This theme deserves more love.


5. Together We Ride 
                                Yes I know this is the Melee version but it's the first version of this song I heard and well it's pretty cool. It's kind of hard to go wrong with this song which is a good thing because there are a ton of versions of it. Any one of them works but I happen to be really fond of this one.


6. A Dark Fall (Fates: Conquest)


For all the crap I've given Fates I do like their OSTs. The map themes are wonderful and this is easily one of my favorites. It's an exciting rush that screams desperation and finality. It's also good showdown music too.


7. Fire Emblem 12 Boss Battle Theme


  An underrated gem that deserves more love and attention. Easily my favorite track of Fire Emblem 12. It's a fun battle theme.

8. Against the Black Knight (Path of Radiance)


  Of course this would be on here. It's such an epic song! It also screams "THE BLACK KNIGHT IS COMING FOR YOU! GET WRECKED MOOKS!" It's an awesome boss battle theme and I have to have this play whenever I'm about to take on The Black Knight.


9. Ally Attack (Holy War)


             Favorite "ally attack" theme. I could listen to this for a long time. 


10. Id (Awakening)


                        Great theme for a final boss fight. Awakening may have gotten other things wrong, but its music did NOT disappoint.


11. Alight (Fates: Birthright)
                              I told you like the Fates OST. I also give this track props for not replaying some variant of "Lost in Thoughts All Alone". It's a very relaxing tune which you don't see as much of in Fire Emblem. 


12. Softly with Grace (Blazing Sword)


                Probably the one tune in Blazing Sword that I actually like. This feels like a really good boss battle theme and that it captures the Black Fang really well. 

13. Powerful Foe (Sacred Stones)


14. Hymn of the Righteous (Radiant Dawn)



            What can I say? I love my epic map themes and this particular theme delivers in spades.


15. Thoughts Going Around (Genealogy of the Holy War)


                  This is the track that plays when Seliph's talking to the ghosts of his parents. It hits you straight in the feels. It's an adorable moment that comes right after Seliph slays Alvis, avenging his father and coming so close to defeating the Grandbell. You feel like you've come a long way since the start of the game. 

1 comment:

  1. Oliver's themes (Power Hungry Fool and Beauty is a Mad Mistress) are probably some of my favourites from the series.

    ReplyDelete