Monday, September 5, 2016

Fire Emblem 4 - Genealogy of the Holy War Part 9 - Even More Awesome Music!

                             Holy War also happens to have my favorite music for when you’re transitioning between levels. Both generations have amazing themes. “Glorious Grandbell” for the first generation really works and helps to establish the feeling that you’re on a glorious, political march. I remember this music also doing a really good job of sucking me into the game’s story. It made learning about this game’s world so fascinating. 



                       Then you have the second generation’s theme “When the Rush Comes” which also works exceptionally well for the type of tone it tries to set for the second generation. After being completely shocked by the Massacre at Barhara I heard this theme and there was only one thing on my mind, “Alvis, I'm coming for you. And this time, you ain't taking me by surprise.”

(Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxPRAFQIy_w That’s right I quoted a YouTube comment.)  The music for the second generation is perfect for the whole “rise up against the Empire after taking a major fall”.  



                     I also really love Seliph’s theme. It’s cute and adorable. It fits Seliph. He’s out to fight a major empire. I love how it plays when he’s talking to Sigurd’s ghost. IT JUST BRINGS ON THE FEELS!


                       If you take a look down at the comments someone even came up with lyrics for this song and I think they’re actually really cool:

                    “Dear mother and father not certain you can hear me but know I am fighting. The war will be long and bloody but I cannot despair. This whole continent cries for help and I will be there. Shannan and Oifey have told so many stories to me all about the two of you while you were both alive. You... both sound so wonderful. Would that I could have known you.”
                     
                        ^ Can we please have those lyrics put in during the remake? PRETTY PLEASE?!

                     Moving on, Alvis’s theme really does a powerful job of conveying how much of a dastard he is. It’s sneaky (I’m saying this in a Smeagol voice btw, which I can do)



                     Holy War also gets my vote for “Best Crisis Music”.



                    Considering the numerous times the good guys get themselves into a crisis this is a theme you want to get right. Fortunately this game got it right. Every time I hear this music I feel like I’m in a crisis and that crap has just hit the fan. I don’t think any other game in the series has been as effective in conveying this feeling as Holy War has.
                     
                   Then there’s this:



                  It’s the theme that plays when a brainwashed Diadora is reunited with Sigurd, for the last time. OH THE FEELS! Seriously it tears at your heartstrings. I find it to be the most tragic theme in the series. It’s hard for me to listen to it.

                 Oh and before I finish my piece about Holy War’s OST I should bring up the fact that there’s an arranged OST. Everything that was awesome about Holy War’s OST got amped up to 11. Here’s the first theme from that playlist. It is awesome:



                      Remember how I said that I loved the first theme? Well the arranged OST somehow made that theme even better. I don’t know how it did that, but it is nothing short of a feat of pure epicness:



                          Oasdhpoashgpoehg03hgpoigp98ty903qgh9v709qrehvepr9gy8er7gerghp9er7gwp9hvwp97gwp9vhu4p97g4p9hwep!!!!111

                      DANG SON! Yeah, it’s incredible. You should also check out the first comment of that video ;)

                     The arranged OST is only for map themes, but holy crap are they awesome! Can we please have those in the remake? PLEASE? The arranged OST also made the theme for the final map 1,000,000,000 times more epic. Like Holy Crap! THIS IS AN EPIC THEME WORTHY OF THE FINAL CHAPTER OF HOLY WAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment